- We’re an ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Gold Approved Learning Partner
- You’ll be taught by qualified lecturers who are active within the ACCA professional body and bring a significant amount of practical experience to their teaching
- You’ll receive core teaching materials, have access to our online learning resources and the University of Derby’s extensive library
- You’ll study at weekly classes so you can apply what you learn steadily and some papers will be delivered as block study
- Through case studies and mock exams, we’ll regularly assess your progress, offering feedback and identifying areas for additional support
- ACCA classes take place at our Derby Campus, a professional study environment with IT facilities that enable you to learn and network
The ACCA qualification is one of the main routes to becoming a fully qualified accountant. Those who complete this complex qualification demonstrate that they are dedicated to the accounting profession and have the knowledge and skills to match. It will become an invaluable asset to your career.
Throughout the programme you will cover a wide selection of interesting and technically challenging subjects that will stretch you intellectually and will require hard work to fully understand. This course focuses on what the examiners look for from successful candidates, incorporating question based practice to improve your exam technique.
At Derby our class numbers tend to be small, so we are able to provide more personal tuition and discuss the subjects we are covering as a group.
Choose full classes or just revision sessions
If you enrol for each ACCA paper a two day revision course is included in the paper fee.
We also welcome those who wish to pick up just the revision sessions.
Autumn programme of study 2019/2020
Spring programme of study 2020
Registering with ACCA
It is a requirement of ACCA that you register with them before applying to sit any exams. Registration can be completed via their website http://www.accaglobal.com/.
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
89 Hydepark Street
Tel: +44 (0)141 582 2000
There are two stages of study with the ACCA qualification, fundamental and professional.
Depending on your relevant education, you’ll start at the right level for you. In order to gain and complete this qualification, you must successfully pass (or be exempted from) 11 papers and any two of the optional papers (P4-P7).
Fundamentals skills level
- CBL Corporate and Business Law
- PM Performance Management
- TX Taxation
- FR Financial Reporting
- AA Audit and Assurance
- FM Financial Management
How you will learn
You will learn by a combination of lectures, tutorials and practical exercises. In the revision phase you will learn by attempting exam standard questions and debriefing advice by tutors on how the questions should be approached to maximise marks. It is advised that you sit one to three papers per sitting.
How you're assessed
You will be assessed by sitting external exams set by the professional body ACCA.
Exams centres are located worldwide and determined by ACCA. Once you have registered for an exam, you can log in to your ACCA account and select the country you want to sit the exam in. This will provide you with a list of available exam centres within that country, for that particular exam session.
You need to be a registered student with ACCA to be eligible to take an exam. Registration can be completed via the ACCA website - www.accaglobal.com
Who you will meet
Mr Nagin Lad, FCCA, is the ACCA programme leader, He has over 20 years’ experience teaching ACCA papers, trains tutors and conducts CPD events for ACCA. A former member of ACCA Exam Review Board, Nagin has taught on all 16 ACCA papers and is currently on ACCA’s Audit and Assurance Global Forum, and is chief external examiner for skills level papers at University of South Wales.
Upon completion of this qualification you will be eligible to apply for affiliate membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). To become a Certified member you will need to demonstrate three years’ work experience.
As a University of Derby student you will also have access to our careers service which can help you find a relevant position in accountancy.
A variety of career options are available from working in practice to working in industry. You can choose to specialise in areas such as taxation, audit (internal or external), financial reporting, forensic accounting, management accounting and chief financial officer.
In order to sit the ACCA exams, you will need to register with ACCA and meet their entry requirements. Please visit http://www.accaglobal.com/.
Tuition and Revision
- Fundamentals knowledge and skills level - £375 per paper including text
- Professional level - all papers except SBL - £425 per paper including text
- SBL - please contact Nagin Lad for more details: email@example.com
Revision session only
- Fundamental skills level papers - £150 per paper including revision kit
- Professional level papers excluding SBL - £200 per paper including revision kits
Exam fees are not included in the fees we charge and are payable directly to ACCA for papers performance management onwards and to a Computer Based Exam Centre for papers the first four papers. Further information can be found on the ACCA website.
Additional costs and optional extras
Students should apply directly to the University.
Apply directly to the University
† Additional information about your studies
Additional costs and optional extras
We’re committed to providing you with an outstanding learning experience. Our expert teaching, state-of-the-art facilities and great employability prepare you for your future career. As part of our commitment to you we aim to keep any additional study costs to a minimum. However, there are occasions where students may incur some additional costs.
Included in your fees
- Fee includes tuition, text book and revision kit
Mandatory costs not included in your fees
- Students pay an exam entry fee, registration fee, exemption fees (if applicable) and an annual subscription directly to the professional body (ACCA)