Your ID Card and P number quick guide

When do I need a P number?

Your P number is your library borrower number. You will need it if you want to access the library's postal loan and document delivery services, or if you want to apply for the SCONUL Access Scheme (UK and Republic of Ireland students only). You will not need it to access any of the library's electronic resources. For information regarding access to electronic resources, please see our Electronic resources help.

When do I need an ID card?

Your ID card acts as your library card, so you will need it if you come onto campus and visit the library. It is also required when using the SCONUL Access Scheme to visit other UK and Republic of Ireland university libraries.

All University of Derby students are entitled to an ID card, whether you are on campus, a distance learning or an online learning student, in the UK or overseas.

How do I get a P number?

If you have an ID card then your P number can be found on the card, underneath the barcode. If you do not have an ID card, you can request a P number by contacting the relevant office.

How do I get an ID card?

You can request an ID card by contacting the relevant office.