Registering with a doctor

Registering with a doctor

To get NHS medical care, you will need to register with a doctor (also known as a general practitioner or GP).

You need to do this as soon as possible after you arrive, and before you become ill or need help. 

There’s a University doctors' surgery at our Kedleston Road site in Derby, which is part of the nearby Park Medical Practice.

From Wednesday 12th June  the telephone number of the onsite GP practice will be 01332 667911

If you’re studying at our Buxton Campus, these practices are close to the town centre: