Health care

The National Health Service

In the UK we have a National Health Service (NHS) that provides free medical treatment to permanent residents.

If you’re an overseas student who is staying in the UK for more than six months or you come from certain countries, you will be classed as a resident and you can register for NHS medical care.

You can also apply for NHS medical care if you’re intending to stay in the UK for less than six months, but it’s not available everywhere. So you will need to check with the practice you want to register with.

If you’re not entitled to NHS medical care, make sure you take out medical insurance before you get here

Endsleigh offers medical insurance that's tailored to the needs of international students