Once you're here

Induction and enrolment

Welcome week, induction and enrolment at the start of your first semester. Find out more

Registering with the police

If you are a Relevant Foreign National and you have been admitted to the UK with leave to remain for more than six months, you will need to register with the UK police. Find out more

Banking and finance

Before you come to the UK you must: calculate how much money you think you will need, and know where your money will come from. Find out more

Health care

In the UK we have a National Health Service (NHS) that provides free medical treatment to permanent residents. Find out more

Working while you study

Casual work is generally easy to find, but you shouldn't rely on it to support yourself, especially if you're from outside the EEA. Find out more

Your mobile phone

It's easy to get a UK SIM card, or sign up to a UK mobile phone contract. When you get here, you will probably want to use a UK SIM card in your mobile phone. Find out more

Help with your career

If you need information and guidance about your career, our Career Development Centre will be able to help you. Find out more

Visa information

If you're entering the UK on a Tier 4 visa, you must understand the conditions attached to it. Find out more