Strategy sets ambitions for 2020
University of Derby Research Strategy
The University's research strategy sets out our ambitions for 2020 and how we propose to realise them. The concept of a research ecosystem lies at the heart of our strategy. By linking our researchers with our stakeholders in the wider community, and our student communities we can add value to research that brings real and lasting impact.
Our strategy will:
- Invest in Research Centres and Institutes that will generate distinctive and impactful research
- Reinvigorate research governance infrastructure that will drive research developments
- Support our researchers through a range of development opportunities
- Assure the integrity and robustness of our research and
- Celebrate the achievements of our research communities.
Our academics are at the heart of our research practice. The University is an Athena Swan member and is committed to supporting the career development of our STEMM researchers and to supporting more females to study STEMM subjects. We run many initiatives such as our STEMpunk activities, Women in Engineering days in schools and at the University, work with Young Engineers, and support for STEMNET ambassadors.
Our Research Reviews showcase the research that has taken place across the University.