The UUK Concordat for Research Integrity has five commitments that the University of Derby is working towards embedding in all our research practice.
- maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research
- ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards
- supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers
- using transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise
- working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly
For 2016/17 the University Research Committee can confirm that there were no formal investigations of research misconduct.
The University has good working practices to ensure that allegations of research misconduct are transparent, robust and fair, and that new policies and practices established through the governance infrastructure and researcher training will further strengthen assurances about the integrity of our research.