Our iLab provides businesses with a local facility to undertake initial design, prototype, testing of new products and systems with the support of on-site specialist technicians and researchers.
An Additive Manufacturing Cell including a Vacuum Casting Machine, Digital Microscope, 3D printers and Solidworks 3D AutoCAD software. This supports:
- product development from initial sketch through 3D modelling
- prototyping to explore fit, form and function
- basic inspection and investigation of material and surface finish
- final prototyping for demonstration to clients or manufacturers
- small batch production
Provides a Virtual Reality Suite including Oculus Rift headsets can support areas such as:
- the refinement of human-centred designs by allowing interactions with a system prior to final design and manufacture
- staff training across a number of scenarios
Access to additional manufacturing capability and equipment is available at our Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE) and Chesterfield sites.
Eligible SMEs can access our iLab equipment via the Time2Innovate Enabling Innovation Project through the European Regional Development Fund.
To find out how we can help your business or learn more about the iLab contact:
t: 0800 001 5500
iLab, ihub, Innovation Drive, Infinity Park Derby DE24 9FU, United Kingdom
The project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver free support for eligible SMEs in the D2N2 area.
Get in touch to discuss how we can work together:
Call 01332 593535