Short courses and training
We are committed to providing high quality opportunities to enhance professional practice, we offer a suite of bespoke short courses and training programmes
All iCeGS training utilises research undertaken by the Centre providing participants with skills and knowledge that is on the leading edge of practice. The training packages have been constructed allowing content and materials be customised and delivered in house meeting the specific needs of the commissioning organisation. Current training and support packages include:
- Advanced Interview Skills - a three days training package supporting experienced practitioners to review, refresh and enhance their guidance skills;
- Interview Skills for Advisers - a two day programme providing an introduction to guidance for information and advice workers;
- Introducing Guidance - a one day training course aimed at managers and those interesting in learning about guidance which develops an understanding of the guidance process and how it supports individual progression;
- Effective Advice and Guidance by Telephone - a one day workshop to introduce and support practitioners in the delivery of quality provision using the telephone;
- Theory for Effective Careers Guidance - a one day workshop supporting advice and guidance practitioners in developing a better understating of career theory and how it supports practice; and
- Using social media for careers work - this one day introductory training course provides a basic overview of what is meant by social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and provides a series of ideas and examples of how these technologies can be used in careers work. The course is hands on and participants will need to be able to access a computer throughout the day.
We have also worked in more strategic ways with organisations, work in this area includes: a strategic organisational development for university careers services in China and Malaysia, staff development and service development in the United Arab Emirates and Sri Lanka and we have a long standing relationship with Manchester Solutions providing bespoke training to their staff.