- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy Principles and Practices
Why choose this course?
If you have a passion for helping others and want to embark on a career in counselling or other people-focused professions, then this degree is an excellent choice for you.
- Build a broad and detailed knowledge of latest theories and their applications within contemporary counselling and psychotherapy
- Prepare for a wide variety of careers in people-focused occupations in fields such as health, social care, education and business
- Gain a solid platform for further postgraduate study so that you can qualify to practise as a professional counsellor or psychotherapist
- Undertake a range of insight visits to see practitioners in action, from work shadowing opportunities to taking part in support groups
- Develop your capacity to work flexibly in multi-agency teams, thanks to our strong focus on inter-professional learning
- Learn from a team who are specialists in their therapeutic fields and whose research is shaping the future of the counselling profession
- Enrich your learning by drawing on our strong partnerships with employers and professional bodies
- Make the most of our excellent learning facilities: you can choose to study this course at either Chesterfield or Derby.
If you would like to combine Counselling and Psychotherapy with another subject, consider our Joint Honours course.