This MSc International Hospitality Management degree is ideal for industry professionals looking for career progression in international hospitality management. We focus on application, assimilation, attitude and providing answers - practices that are central to hospitality leaders.
You will develop your understanding of the management of cultural diversity, the internationalisation of the industry, marketing, finance and strategy in a wide variety of contexts, including hotels, exhibitions, festivals, product launches, trade shows and sporting events.
Real world learning
As part of the international hospitality management masters course, you will be involved in consultancy work with our industry partners who regularly collaborate with us including; Hilton International, Skibo Castle, Gleneagles and Marriott Hotels.
Links with employers and industry
We offer a range of events and activities including guest speakers from industry, employer days and the chance to work on real life problems where you’ll combine theory and practice and develop the skills and confidence you need to fast track your career.
Our passionate, award-winning academic team are experienced scholars and leading practitioners in the hospitality industry. They are active members of national and international professional bodies such as the Institute of Hospitality and research networks such as ENAT, EDeAN, ATLAS, CHME.
Placement - available to UK/EU students only
Study full time and you have the option to include an integrated work placement of up to 12 months as part of your international hospitality management Masters qualification. By choosing this option you will study your Independent Scholarship module ‘on-the-job’, allowing you to research real world issues faced by your company.
If you are not currently employed, we can support you to find a suitable placement. Placements often lead to permanent employment opportunities.
Study while you earn
Our teaching and learning strategy allows you to study while you remain in employment. You’ll complete ‘blended learning modules’ where most of your learning is undertaken online with the support of module tutors.
Programme leader - Dr Eleni Michopoulou
Dr Eleni Michopoulou is a published writer and active researcher in the international hospitality industry as well as Programme Lead for the MSc International Hospitality Management course at the University of Derby. She is an experienced practitioner and has held several senior operational management and project management positions. She was a member of the Olympic Games organising committee in Athens 2004.
- Our Events, Tourism, Spa and Hospitality Management courses are in the top 10 in the UK, as ranked by the Guardian University Guide 2019. This coupled with our 96% employability rate (HESA) shows you'll be learning from the best
- This highly respected MSc International Hospitality Management masters degree is accredited by the Institute of Hospitality. It will enhance your leadership and management potential in the hospitality industry
- You’ll study in the inspirational Grade II* listed Devonshire Dome which has a fine dining restaurant and bistro, state-of-the-art training kitchens and is a major hospitality venue in its own right
- You will study with students from countries including India, Greece and South Korea, which will enhance your knowledge of global practices, a critical business management skill in the hospitality industry
- You can study full or part time. If you study full time, there is also an option to include a placement in the UK or abroad.