BSc (Hons) Adventure Sport and Coaching Science
Why choose this course?
Love to be active and out in the elements? Looking for a career to match? This degree offers a unique opportunity to hit the heights with a successful future in adventure sport.
- Develop your practical skills and theoretical knowledge of coaching science and human performance in adventure sport
- Enjoy real world learning at our specialist Outdoor Leadership Centre on the edge of the Peak District National Park
- Make the most of National Governing Body training opportunities to gain professional industry related experience and REC first aid to boost your CV
- Workshop sessions delivered at specialist facilities at the Kedleston Road Campus, including our sports centre and state-of-the-art equipment such as our High Performance Resistance Training Facility, VICON 3D motion capture system and breath by breath analysis system
- Opportunities to apply theory to practice through a variety of fieldtrips: our students have been rock climbing in Snowdonia and Gower Peninsula, kayaking in Scotland and caving in the Yorkshire Dales
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and expert staff who boast a wealth of professional experience in outdoor and adventure sport