BSc (Hons) Adventure Sport and Coaching Science with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the honours degree programme, you can choose to start at foundation year stage
Looking for an exhilarating career? If you’re interested in outdoor adventure sports, the art of coaching and the science behind human performance, this course opens up unique opportunities. And our foundation year is the ideal springboard to success.
- Start your journey on a four-year course – which includes a foundation year – to help you build the skills, knowledge and confidence you need
- Choose the foundation year route if you’re considering a change in career, want to learn more about a new subject area, or don’t meet the entry requirements to join our three-year BSc (Hons) right now
- Develop in-depth knowledge of coaching science and human performance and apply it directly to adventure sport in diverse outdoor environments
- Improve your practical and professional skills by studying at our dedicated Outdoor Leadership Centre
- Harness state-of-the-art technology for sports science research in the impressive laboratories at our Derby campus
- Gain practical experience on fieldtrips: there may be the opportunity to go on expeditions in the UK or even overseas
- Learn from experienced and knowledgeable staff who specialise in outdoor and adventure sport
- Strengthen your CV by taking the opportunity to achieve National Governing Body coaching awards and first aid qualifications
- Take full advantage of our location on the edge of the Peak District National Park, the backdrop for a vast array of adventure sports