Before you begin your application make sure you have:
- Your qualification details including grades and dates taken. You will have the opportunity to upload scanned copies of your qualification certificates/transcripts in the application. If you have no formal qualifications, you can also state this in your application to us.
- A scanned copy of your passport or other official photographic ID e.g. photo driving licence. This will help us verify your application to study with us. If you do not have any photo ID, we will accept a scanned copy of your birth certificate. International applicants must provide a copy of their passport for visa assessment purposes.
- Your work experience – this is optional for you to provide and could be in the form of a CV which you can upload into your application or you can provide the company names and addresses of your employers (maximum of 3).
- A personal statement showing your interest for the course/subject. This is a mandatory requirement and you will be able to upload it into your application. You may want to include your reasons for applying for the course, your experience in the field, how you feel you would benefit from studying and relevant information about your previous studies. You could also tell us about your non-academic experiences such as hobbies, interests, participation in any clubs, societies or voluntary work.
- A relevant reference for the course you have applied for. The reference should be in written format and supplied on company headed paper, signed and dated from either a manager, supervisor, tutor or teacher. If you need to supply two references, this usually means you need to provide one academic reference from any recent study and one employer reference.
- If you are applying as an international applicant through an agent you will need to provide the agent number in the application. Your agent will have an 11 digit ID number from the University of Derby International Office. Please contact your agent to obtain this number.