Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA)
University degree apprenticeships provide a new route for apprentices and employers that combines invaluable on the job training and off the job university study to develop existing and new talent within the workforce.
On 6th April 2017, the Apprenticeship Levy came into force in the UK, requiring all employers with a pay bill of over £3m to invest 0.5% of their pay bill in apprenticeships. Smaller businesses that do not meet this threshold can gain government funding of up to 90% for training.
University apprenticeship programmes are equally applicable for both young workers and to upskill existing managers of any age.
A University Apprenticeship
Developed by a group of employers, in liaison with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and higher education providers, the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is an all-age apprenticeship, providing work-based learning to non-graduate existing managers and recent school leavers.
- A flexible programme delivered through a combination of online and on-campus studies over 4 years leading to a BA (Hons) in Business Management and Leadership
- Includes an End Point Assessment provided by the Chartered Management Institute which also leads to:
- Chartered Management Apprenticeship Standard award
- Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- CMI Chartered Manager Status (CMgr)
- Our typical delivery pattern includes 12 days per year attending University of Derby campus in block sessions, plus a half day per week of online based synchronous classroom activity, webinar lectures, tutorial support or self-study. We can also tailor the delivery of off the job learning to meet individual employer needs.
- Two open intakes per year in September and January, or can be run as a ‘closed cohort’ for an individual organisation, subject to viability.
- Emphasises self-direction and lifelong learning
- Blends the skills, experience and behaviours acquired in the workplace with academic learning. This is then harnessed through projects and other assessment activity
- Can be used as a part of a ‘talent management’ programme for future business leaders.
Each year builds on acquired knowledge, understanding and capabilities as demonstrated below:
Year 1: Provides an introduction to business, stakeholders and society, personal development and work based learning through a foundation of knowledge and skills in business and management
Years 2 and 3: Provide comprehensive coverage of the knowledge and understanding required by future managers and leaders within any industry, with the ability to contextualise this learning to the workplace practice
Year 4: Includes modules on Strategy and Management (level 6), Emerging Digital Trends and Issues (level 6) and a professional review.
Working in partnership to develop your workforce
Our experience and expertise in online learning has enabled us to create an intuitive industry standard virtual learning environment which provides an easy interface for the learner to engage from any location. Our tracking and analysis allows you as an employer to understand and monitor progress while enabling us to nurture their learning experience.
Benefits of apprenticeship programmes
Inspired and engaged workers significantly benefit businesses in terms of their productivity and creativity. When people feel supported and valued they do their best work, focussing on areas where they can add most value, which leads to a more successful and sustainable organisation.
As an employer, the key benefits include:
- Harness and develop talent - ‘grow your own’
- Increase employee retention
- Deliver real returns on the bottom line through increased productivity, improved competitiveness and a committed and competent work-force
- Degree Apprenticeships, with their focus on analysis, critique and evaluation, provide even more significant benefits to learners and employers alike, supporting the development of future business leaders
Find out more
If you’d like to speak with us about Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeships, contact Andy Dowling on 01332 597905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, if you would like us to contact you please complete the form below and we'll be in touch.
Find out more about Higher Apprenticeships and University Degree Apprenticeships at the University of Derby https://www.derby.ac.uk/study/apprenticeships/
Would you prefer us to contact you?
If you would like us to contact you please complete the form below and we'll be in touch.