This course will help you understand the level of care required when caring for someone with dementia, as well as teaching you about communication and compassion, and how you can help a person living with dementia to maintain their independence, control and a good quality of life.
We will also consider what happens at the end of life: the reality is that there is currently no cure for dementia and the final phase of life can be a challenge not just for the person living with dementia but also for their family and other people around them.
During this course you can expect to:
- demonstrate a conceptual understanding of dementia, its context and wider perspectives
- examine dementia in the global context and its implications
- learn to communicate effectively with people affected by dementia
- understand the importance of independence, control and quality of life and learn how you can support that
- support people living with dementia and their families during the final phase of life