As a supplier to the University of Derby, you will need to invoice us for payment at the end of each work assignment and you will be paid in full at the end of the period of work. You will have responsibility for managing your own tax affairs.

To be engaged and paid as a supplier based in the UK, you will also need to satisfy us that you meet all the necessary Inland Revenue requirements of ‘self-employed’ status and you will need to provide your Unique Tax Reference (UTR) issued by HMRC. You will also need to confirm that you hold current professional indemnity insurance for a minimum of £100,000.

For further information on becoming a Supplier please refer to the UK Government website on setting up as a sole trader and visit HM Revenue and Customs for Self Employed guidance.

Visit the Financial Conduct Authority website for information regarding Professional Indemnity Insurance.

If you have any questions about being a supplier, please contact Emma-Jane Mather at