During this professional development course, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of IFRS 16 Leases. You will learn how IFRS 16 affects the way businesses currently report on leases, whilst reflecting on the impact of the elimination of the concept of operating and finance leases from the perspective of the lessee, as well as looking at the introduction of a single model.
You will also look at the way in which the new standard defines a lease, as well as looking at its impact on the Statement of Income and Statement of Financial Position (also known as balance sheet). Close attention will be paid to the practical issues that businesses will face when implementing IFRS 16.
This course seeks to provide both theoretical understanding and practical knowledge of the new lease standard which can be transferred directly to the work environment.
This professional development course will provide you with:
- The ability to understand the provisions required to comply with the new lease standard
- An understanding of why the new standard eliminates the concept of ‘operating’ and ‘finance’ leases from the prospective of the lessee
- The ability to identify issues arising from the introduction of IFRS 16
Learning and assessment
You will study this course 100% online. It comprises a range of activities including:
- Finding out about an effective way to identify a lease
- Applying the principles of the standard to simple lease agreements
- Undertaking activities to help you to reflect
- Reading extracts from texts and academic journals
- Links to the background and development of the standard
There is no obligation for you to undertake every activity, but being involved in all aspects of the course will help you to achieve a well-rounded knowledge of the IFRS 16, International Financial Reporting Standard.
There is no graded assessment. Instead, you will receive a badge for each completed Unit, and then upon completion of the whole course, you will be awarded with an e-certificate.
How to enrol for the IFRS 16 Leases course?
All of our short online courses are delivered through an easy-to-use online learning platform, which you can enrol from directly.
The course is widely available for anyone to take part regardless of age, location, level of education or professional work experience.
You will, however, need access to the internet whether it is on your PC, tablet, mobile or other electronic device. You will also need a valid email address to register on the online learning platform in order to take part in the course.
You will be required to agree to the terms and conditions, which will be available when you enrol, before you start the course.
Learners should have an understanding of the English Language and the ability to study in English.