You will require:
- BSc/BEng(Hons) degree which is accredited for either IEng or as part of CEng
- Minimum of two years’ relevant industrial or engineering experience
- Employment within a relevant engineering role
If you don’t have a degree or an accredited degree, we can consider your application if supported by significant industrial experience within the engineering sector.
To get the most out of the programme you are expected to be a member of a professional engineering body.
Before you join this Masters degree, you should contact the memberships department of your professional body to ensure that they will recognise this programme as part of your application for Chartered Engineer status.
English language qualifications
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification*. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in any areas)*
- TOEFL 580 (paper based) 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 58
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 5 for postgraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C.*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.