Application deadline for January extended for limited period
Term starts 29th January
T: +44 (0)1332 597830
We recommend around 20 hours of study per week, per 20 credit module.
This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports.
Course code: OLUBD Level: 6
If you already hold an HND or Foundation degree in a computing subject or international equivalent qualification, top it up to a full Computing and IT BSc degree in 1 to 2 years with this online course. Gaining the full bachelors degree can improve your career prospects, strengthen your CV and allow you to move onto a Masters degree at a later date, should you wish to.
Developed by leading specialists, our newly updated Computing and Information Technologies BSc (Hons) Top-Up degree has been designed around diverse cutting edge issues, events and digital developments.
The course will allow you to deepen your knowledge and understanding through research, case studies and practical skills-based projects. With a core focus on professional ethics and the wide-ranging impact of computing technologies in society, the programme will support learners in acquiring crucial skills which underpin the duties and responsibilities of today’s computing professionals.
Why choose this online computing and IT course?
- Contemporary, updated degree from a recognised UK University
- 3 start dates a year (Sept, Jan & May)
- Opportunity to enrol on the course with a level 4 qualification plus significant work experience.
- Choice of 7 optional modules, allowing you to tailor the course to meet your own interests, including key emerging areas - Network Management and Security, Web Development, Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking
- Study at your own pace, part-time online using a virtual classroom environment, supported throughout by a team of academic professionals
- Engagement in a vibrant learning community, building your network of likeminded individuals within the UK and around the world
- Guest speakers from industry
- The course can be completed within one year.
The course particularly focusses on gaining confidence and skills in:
- Problem solving – critical understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles & theories, appraising technical, environmental and social issues
- Completing incisive research, analysis, & reporting
- Formulating an ethical position in relation to the development, manufacture, proliferation and disposal of digital systems.
- Designing, documenting and testing computer programmes and/or hardware
- Critically evaluating and advising on emerging technologies
- Working effectively within a team and communicating with others
This online qualification will set you on a positive path to successfully furthering your career.
Tailored online Computing and IT course
With a mix of core and optional modules, you can tailor your studies to match your particular interests and career aspirations. You select 3 further modules from:
- Web Development :- Creating Effective Applications
- Network Management and Security
- Database Fundamentals
- Distributed Applications and Web Services
- Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking
- Software Engineering – Creating Quality Products
- Internet of Things
One of the core modules everyone completes is a research project selected from a list of suggestions provided by your tutor. Alternatively this could be something you propose that matches your own interests, experience or area of professional development.
The programme allows you to study at your own pace fitting around other commitments, in any location, via a virtual classroom environment. You will also get the opportunity to interact with likeminded peers across the world through discussion forums.
Who is this online course for?
Those wishing to progress within the Computing and IT sector such as:
- IT Support Engineers, Network Engineers
- Systems Administrators and IT Teachers
- Network and Security Professionals
- Web and Software Developers