To complete the Postgraduate Certificate Education (Leadership and Management) you will need to complete a total of 60 credits by studying the three core 20 credit modules below:
(NB: Pathways and modules run subject to scheduling and student numbers)
- Masterly Academic Practices
This module will identify and develop the key personal and academic competencies associated with successful study at Masters Level in a rapidly changing global context of educational change.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to develop a reflexive approach to personal and academic competencies required for successful study of Education at Masters Level; apply personal and academic competencies to Master Level requirements in the Study of Education.
This module includes four main areas of focus, all appropriate for study at Masters level:
- Reflective thought and practice to develop independence and autonomy
- Skills of academic literacy, including abilities of criticality, evaluation and synthesis
- Knowledge and understanding of academic numeracy
- Skills of technological approaches to research.
- Core module
- Developing Leadership Capacity
This thought-provoking module is of interest to people in the wider field of education and educational leadership roles. It examines organisational change, the impact of social policy, how developed cultures impact upon those who work across all sectors.
This module intends to track current leadership principles in:
- Discussing the current change management debates
- Evaluating the potential impact upon those who work across all sectors: state maintained, for-profit and non-profit
- Examining the extent of recent educational change together with the current state of the economy
- Analysing the position of both individual Government's and Leadership Team's are reflected upon in terms of their ability to influence and react to such changes
- Utilising a range of seminal and contemporary leadership theories
- Discussing the range of strategies for effective leadership: including coaching and generating organisational change
- Evaluating the model of Evidenced Based outcomes for Educational Leadership
- Analysing contemporary debates on teh range of policy and strategy decisions that are applicable to education.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to critically analyse and evaluate the application of the impact of social policy and culture on educational leadership; critically reflect and utilise the leadership tool-kits to identify the change factors that enable their own organisation to move forward more effectively.
- Optional module
- Quality, Leadership and Management
This module is geared towards the contemporary changes in educational contexts. It focuses on the ways in which wide-ranging debates such as social justice, equality and diversity can be seriously and sustainably embedded into long-lasting educational leadership, management and quality procedures. You will also evaluate a range of contemporary leadership theories and study how leadership can be utilised.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to critically analyse contemporary theories on leadership in an applied context; critically reflect and utilise the concepts of diversity, equality and quality procedures.
- Optional module