*Prices correct for 2017/18 new students. Subject to annual increase in September 2018
Jessica Ryan Gilbank
T: +44 (0)1332 597830
We recommend around 20 hours of study per week, per 20 credit module.
This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports.
Course code: OLUBE Level: 6
Developed by leading specialists, our newly updated Computing and Information Technologies University Advanced Diploma (UAD) has been designed around diverse cutting edge issues, events and digital developments.
The course will allow you to deepen your knowledge and understanding through research, case studies and practical skills-based projects. With a core focus on professional ethics and the wide-ranging impact of computing technologies in society, the programme will support learners in acquiring crucial skills which underpin the duties and responsibilities of today’s computing professionals.
Why choose this online computing and IT diploma course?
- Contemporary, updated diploma from a recognised UK University
- 3 start dates a year (Sept, Jan & May)
- Study at your own pace, part-time online using a virtual classroom environment, supported throughout by a team of academic professionals
- Engagement in a vibrant learning community, building your network of likeminded individuals within the UK and potentially across the world
- Guest speakers from industry
- A stepping stone towards a BSc (Hons) Degree
- The course can be completed within one year part-time (depending on your pace of study)
The course particularly focusses on gaining confidence and skills in:
- Problem solving – critical understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles & theories, appraising technical, environmental and social issues
- Designing, documenting and testing computer programmes &/or hardware
- Critically evaluating and advising on emerging technologies
- Working effectively within a team and communicating with others
This online qualification will set you on a positive path to successfully furthering your career
This online Computing and IT course is made up of three core modules
- Computing Technologies in Society
- Web Development: Creating Effective Applications
- Network Management and Security
Who is this online computing and IT diploma course for?
Those wishing to progress within the Computing and IT sector such as:
- IT Support Engineers, Network Engineers
- Systems Administrators and IT Teachers
The knowledge and skills gained from studying this programme will enhance your ability to develop your career and /or enrich your professional practice. Furthermore the programme may enhance your academic ambitions which may include progressing to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Technologies Top-Up degree.