Employers’ needs and opinions have been taken into consideration in the design, content and delivery of this course. We have worked closely with a range of local employers through the Advisory Board and the British Computer Society (BCS), as well as ongoing contacts with former students on the programme who are now working in a range of public and private industry sectors.
There is a growing demand for skilled IT professionals around the world. The MSc Computing and IT programme will provide you with a step up in your continued professional development, helping you to demonstrate your employment potential.
Your employment prospects include:
- Working for large international organisations supporting their enterprise-based information systems
- Providing in-house enterprise development support for growing organisations
- Working for consultancy companies providing intelligent data-driven systems
- Providing in-house IT support as:
- Data Scientist
- Information Architect
- Business-Intelligence Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Business Systems Analyst/Developer
If you are aiming to continue your research and planning to earn a PhD degree, you can also apply for a PhD either on campus or online with the University of Derby.