Occupational Therapy Courses
For Student Satisfaction
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy (National Student Survey 2016)
Fulfil your ambitions with a pioneering university which has consistently led the way with new approaches to occupational therapy learning.
We’ll equip you with the skills and knowledge to become a qualified occupational therapist, focusing on the practical, theoretical and interpersonal skills you’ll need to thrive in your new career. We do this with the aid of our fantastic facilities which include a rehabilitation kitchen, six-bed hospital ward and virtual learning environment. With 95% of our graduates employed or in further study within six months of completing this course, you can be confident in the learning you’ll receive.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“The degree really prepares you for working in any environment”
“The highlight so far on the course has definitely been my placement. I was working in forensic mental health in women’s services and it was fantastic. I learnt so much - it really consolidated everything that I learnt in the first year. It was great to put it into practice. The degree really prepares you for working in any environment; it gives you a really broad knowledge of all of the different areas.”
This is Occupational Therapy
- Our courses reflect the highest professional standards, underlined by accreditation or approval from prestigious bodies like the Royal College of Occupational Therapists, the Health and Care Professions Council, the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and the British Association of Hand Therapists
- In 1948 ours was the first Occupational Therapy School established under the auspices of the NHS. Since then we have helped thousands of occupational therapists to advance their careers
- The Royal College of Occupational Therapists has commended the BSc and MSc Pre Registration Occupational Therapy programmes for their 'Forward thinking strategy for the development, delivery and sustainability of the programmes, recognising the need for flexibility and changing requirements of the profession and market'
- Our students achieve great things. Several have written articles and have been featured in OT News and other publications linked to occupation and wellbeing. Kate Towart, a recent graduate, received the Staffordshire Learning Links Travel Award from HRH, the Princess Royal at the 2016 College of Occupational Therapy annual awards ceremony.
What our Occupational Therapy graduates do
One you’ve graduated, you’ll be eligible to apply for registration as an occupational therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- occupational therapy
- health and social care
- social services departments
- companies and businesses
- special schools
- private practice
- charities or voluntary organisations.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: