In this section
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health) with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Please be aware that this course is no longer accepting applications for September 2018 entry.
Mental health problems currently affect one in four of the UK population. If you’re caring and compassionate, with exceptional communication skills and a real passion for helping people, a Mental Health Nursing degree is for you.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage
- Our nursing courses are ranked 11th in The Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Benefit from some of the best university facilities of their kind, including our clinical skills suite and our state-of-the-art immersive suite
- Learn from a highly experienced, enthusiastic and research-active team who provide full support to help you achieve your ambitions
- The Foundation Year course leads on to the full Mental Health Nursing degree that is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council meaning when you graduate, you’ll be eligible to register and practise as a nurse, as long as you meet the NMC’s requirements.
If you already hold a degree and are looking to qualify as a mental health nurse, find out more about our MSc Nursing (Mental Health).Show All