UDOL programmes first to gain online accreditation
Date posted: 24 November 2014
The University of Derby Online Learning (UDOL) has gained accreditation for four online hospitality management programmes from the Institute of Hospitality making it currently the only provider of online higher education to have institute accredited programmes.
The UDOL programmes to gain the accreditation are:
- University Advanced Diploma in International Hospitality Business Management
- BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Business Management (top-up)
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality Management
- MA in International Hospitality Management
The Institute of Hospitality is the professional body for managers working and studying in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry. The accreditation provides an organisation with the international recognition of a quality benchmark standard set out by the Institute of Hospitality.
Yukari Iguchi, Academic Lead for Hospitality and Leisure, from UDOL said: "It is a great pleasure to be recognised by the Institute of Hospitality. I hope this will also give a sense of assurance to hospitality professionals who are keen to develop their career through learning and encourage them to achieve university qualifications."
The accredited programmes aim to help hospitality professionals enhance their career through developing skills and knowledge, anywhere around the world, in a flexible manner which enables them to work and study to suit them.
Yukari adds: "Our programmes are designed for professionals, bearing in mind their needs, interests, and challenges. They are not 'typical' university programmes that consist of reading textbooks and writing essays, but ones that can develop their career and life skills through interactions with peers, who are all working in the same industry globally."
Peter Ducker FIH, Chief Executive of the Institute of Hospitality, said: "These courses are designed to accommodate students who hold down challenging jobs, whilst seeking to add to their level of academic achievements. As in so many areas of our lives the online educational environment creates opportunities without boundaries, in an industry as global as Hospitality this is a very important and welcome development."
Institute of Hospitality accredited programmes are:
- Appropriate for professional career development within hospitality, leisure and tourism.
- Matched to international benchmarks for hospitality, leisure and tourism programmes.
- Mapped against core components in the Institute of Hospitality Management Standards.
- Recognised as Continuing Professional Development for Institute of Hospitality grades of membership.
Recently Yukari gained a Fellow from the Institute of Hospitality, which is the highest grade of membership.
For more information on hospitality courses at UDOL, go to: www.derby.ac.uk/online/hospitality-degrees-online-0.
For further press information please contact Jenny McNicholas, University of Derby Press Officer, on 01332 592279 or email: J.McNicholas@derby.ac.uk