In this section
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering
Why choose this course?
- Become one of the elite of the engineering profession – a Chartered Engineer (CEng). This degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- You'll take part in live projects, such as a 'transformer' car created by our students which will be used by Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service.
- You'll study in a state of the art workshop complete with a rolling road and digital diagnostic and set-up equipment.
- You’ll get to take part in exciting projects like Formula Student - the world’s biggest student motorsport competition. Team Derby Motorsport entered the competition for the first time in 2015.
- The Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) awarded Team Derby Motorsport with a grant for £3,000 after they won the Formula Student Rookie Team Award in 2015.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
- Our Motorsport team have just launched their new website. Check it out here: www.teamderbymotorsport.co.uk