BEng (Hons) in Motorsport Engineering with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Prepare to make your mark in the highly competitive global motorsport industry. Offering exciting practical experience and strong employer links, our BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering with Foundation Year gives you a smooth route to success.
- Choose a foundation year if you are not quite ready to join our three-year honours degree directly and want to boost your skills and confidence
- Take your first steps towards becoming a Chartered Engineer – this degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council so it partially meets the academic requirement for you to register as a CEng
- Hone your skills in our state-of-the-art workshop complete with a rolling road and digital diagnostic and set-up equipment
- Study a wide range of vehicles and systems, from racing motorcycles to dragsters
- Take part in challenging live projects such as Formula Student, IMechE Railway Challenge, IMechE Drone and Shell Eco-marathon
- Gain inspiring industry insights at exhibitions and race meetings
- Enhance your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: (HESA 2016)
You can also take the BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering without a foundation year. Find out more.Show All