- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
Popular Music in Society (Joint Honours)*
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
Popular music provides not only entertainment for millions but also opportunities for personal, social and political expression. This exciting and innovative course challenges you to think deeply about popular music’s meanings and influence.
- Explore the role, impact and context of popular music – from key works, artists and audiences to historical debates, cultural theories and political ideas
- Build skills which are highly prized by employers seeking adaptable, analytical, creative and culturally aware graduates for a rapidly changing world
- Broaden your knowledge through work-based learning, study visits and guest lectures
- Be inspired to succeed by our highly experienced team of subject experts who have published influential research in this field
- Choose to study part of your degree overseas at one of our North American or European partner universities
- Combine Popular Music in Society with another subject and set yourself apart as a versatile and independent learner.