- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
American Studies (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
If you are fascinated by American culture, history and society, this degree is ideal for you. American Studies is a stimulating, topical and challenging course which prepares you for success in a wide range of careers.
- Explore historical, socio-political and cultural themes, building your awareness of key debates relating to race and ethnicity, identity and power
- Take part of your degree at one of our partner universities in Europe or North America where you can immerse yourself in an exciting new life and enhance your employability
- Examine key aspects of American history, politics, literature, art, film, television and music through exciting modules covering everything from 9/11 to civil rights, Hollywood to hip-hop
- Develop your intellectual flexibility, confidence and critical skills by engaging with a broad range of subjects: this degree is truly interdisciplinary
- Learn from a highly experienced team of engaging and inspiring subject experts who have produced important books in the field
- Broaden your skills and knowledge by combining American Studies with another subject, opening up an even wider range of career paths
- Impress a prospective employer: an American Studies graduate is typically adaptable, insightful and culturally aware, with refined communication and negotiation skills
- This course is ranked in the UK Top 10 for student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide Subject Tables.