BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Why choose this course?
Power up your ambitions in the UK’s capital for innovation. The University of Derby is the ideal place for multi-skilled mechanical and manufacturing engineers to set out on their careers.
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering has been ranked in the Top 20 in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Take your first steps towards becoming an Incorporated Engineer: this course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council which means it fully meets the academic requirements for IEng registration
- Study in a city with thriving manufacturing and high technology industries, including world-famous engineering companies such as Rolls-Royce and Bombardier
- Take an optional work placement between stages two and three for invaluable industry experience and gain a Diploma in Professional Practice to add an extra dimension to your CV
- Acquire high-level skills in areas such as advanced manufacturing and technologies, engineering science, applied mathematics and management
- Look forward to great career prospects on the doorstep: nearly four times the national average of people are employed in high technology occupations in Derby
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016.)