In this section
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Why choose this course?
- Become one of the elite of the engineering profession – a Chartered Engineer (CEng). This degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- This course is available to study with an industrial year or without an industrial year.
- You can work on exciting extra-curricular projects such as the Shell Eco-marathon. The Mechanical Engineering Shell Eco Team were recently awarded a sponsorship for £9,000 to build the prototype ethanol vehicle for the 2016 competition.
- You'll learn from academic staff with extensive industrial experience.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
- 95% of graduates from our BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree were in graduate-level destinations (DLHE 2014/15).