BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Our Mechanical Engineering graduates can look forward to excellent future prospects – and taking this degree with a foundation year will put your plans on a firm footing. We offer high-quality teaching and plenty of practical experience, plus an ideal location in the high-tech city of Derby.
- Start your journey with a foundation year for a smooth transition to honours degree studies
- Gain a head start on the route to becoming a Chartered Engineer: this degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council so it partially meets the academic requirement for CEng registration
- Enjoy invaluable professional insights by taking an optional industrial year
- Develop hands-on skills in solving real-world engineering problems
- Challenge yourself with exciting extra-curricular projects such as the Shell Eco-marathon and the British Model Flying Association Payload Challenge
- Broaden your perspectives through industrial visits and guest lectures by leading professionals
- Learn from our expert team of academic staff who have extensive industrial experience of engineering
- Enhance your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016.)
You can also take the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering without a foundation year. Find out more.