BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering
Why choose this course?
If you have set your sights on joining the elite of the engineering profession, our BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering is the ideal starting point.
- Manufacturing and Production Engineering has been ranked in the Top 20 in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Join a course accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council – which means you can partially meet the academic requirement to register as a Chartered Engineer
- Choose to spend an optional year in industry to improve your professional practice
- Explore vital themes such as lean engineering, advanced materials, and manufacturing strategy and systems
- Undertake real-world projects to solve engineering problems in industry and build vital research and development skills
- Gain valuable experience through industry visits: our students have broadened their horizons with fieldtrips to locations such as power stations
- Be inspired and enthused: we received a 90% overall satisfaction rating for this course in the National Student Survey 2016
- Boost your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you’re not quite ready to join the BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year?Show All