BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have set your sights on joining the elite of the engineering profession, our BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering is the ideal starting point. By starting with a foundation year, you will have an excellent basis for success too.
- Build your skills, knowledge and confidence with a foundation year – an invaluable option if you feel you are not quite ready to join the honours degree directly
- Join a course accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council – which means you can partially meet the academic requirement to register as a Chartered Engineer
- Choose to spend an optional year in industry to improve your professional practice
- Explore vital themes such as lean engineering, advanced materials, and manufacturing strategy and systems
- Undertake real-world projects to solve engineering problems in industry and build vital research and development skills
- Gain valuable experience through industry visits: our students have broadened their horizons with fieldtrips to locations such as power stations
- Be inspired and enthused: we received a 90% overall satisfaction rating for this course in the National Student Survey 2016
- Boost your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
You can also take the BEng (Hons) Manufacturing and Production Engineering without a foundation year. Find out more.