BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Education
Why choose this course?
Mathematics skills are highly relevant not only to the needs of business and industry but also to modern education. This distinctive degree broadens your perspectives and your potential, opening up a wide range of career pathways.
- Mathematics has been ranked in the Top 30 in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Combine athorough understanding of concepts in mathematics, statistics and operational research with a critical awareness of educational issues
- Choose a course which leads to associate membership of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and represents the start of your journey towards Chartered Mathematician (C.Math) status
- Take an optional placement year for invaluable insights into how your knowledge and skills can be applied in the workplace
- Be inspired by our friendly, supportive lecturers who make learning maths fun
- Get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Develop high-level skills in problem solving, research and information technology, drawing on real-world scenarios
- Prepare for a fulfilling career: our graduates are now excelling everywhere from the teaching profession to the London Stock Exchange
- Become a highly employable graduate – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you’re not quite ready to join the BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Education right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year?Show All