In this section
BSc (Hons) Mathematics
Why choose this course?
- On this single honours mathematics degree you'll develop your knowledge of techniques and mathematical methods and apply them to real industrial problems
- We've been approved by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, (IMA), making you eligible for associate membership and helping you on your way to Chartered Mathematician (C.Math) status
- You can also study this course with an Industrial Placement year. Use UCAS code: G120. By taking a placement year, you'll obtain valuable experience for working in the industry
- 100% of graduates from this course were in work or further study six months after completing the degree (DLHE 2014/15)
- A mathematics degree will give you a head start for a range of careers, from engineering to banking
- We've got links with locally-based international companies, so you'll have the chance to get experience of applying your learning to real-life situations
- We are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, on the ALICE experiment, and you’ll have opportunities to get involved in this exciting project
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.