BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Develop your knowledge of mathematical methods and techniques, applying your skills to real industrial problems. Take the BSc (Hons) Mathematics with a foundation year for a smooth transition to honours level studies and open the door to a range of careers from business and finance to engineering and teaching.
- Start your studies at foundation year stage to build your confidence and skills if you feel you are not quite ready to join our three-year honours degree directly
- Choose a course approved by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, (IMA): this means you will be eligible for associate membership and can take your first steps towards Chartered Mathematician (C.Math) status
- Gain valuable practical experience by taking an optional industrial placement year
- Draw on our partnerships with locally-based international companies, so you can link your learning to real-life scenarios
- Build your skills in analytical problem-solving, communication, IT and teamworking
- Get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are collaborating with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Boost your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Mathematics without a foundation year. Find out more.