We combine the art and science of marketing to build your creativity, confidence and connections. And we’re breaking new ground with truly distinctive Marketing courses.
Marketing is a popular choice for graduate careers, with global brands constantly looking out for fresh talent. Our new-generation degrees will help you stand out from the competition and take that all important first step on the career ladder.
Learn how to plan powerful PR and advertising campaigns. Harness pioneering digital technologies and trends. Apply the science of consumer psychology to build stronger relationships with customers. Whichever area of marketing you are interested in, we have a dedicated degree for you.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
A wide range of modules to choose from
“I really enjoyed my time studying Marketing and Brand Management BSc, at the University of Derby. The course included relevant teaching and a wide range of modules to choose from covering a variety of subjects. The tutors have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and are very approachable and helpful.
During the course I also had the opportunity to do a work placement year that I gained valuable skills and experience from.”
This is Marketing
- Marketing at Derby was ranked in the Top 20 for teaching on my course and learning opportunities, in the National Student Survey 2017
- Our marketing degrees have been developed in consultation with regional and national organisations to give you the best start in your chosen career
- We’re part of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Graduate Gateway, meaning you can gain exemptions from the CIM professional qualifications on our courses
- You’ll work with agencies and businesses on consultancy projects throughout your degree; as well as providing you with experience, you’ll make valuable business connections
- You can choose to spend a year on placement, getting vital marketing and business experience that will make your CV stand out.
What our Marketing graduates do
Demand for specialists in marketing is high. Our graduates have gone on to work in large, multi-national blue chip companies, some have set up their own businesses; some work in marketing departments, some in specialist businesses; some work in the public sector.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Marketing Officer
- Graduate Management Trainee
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Regional Manager
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Brand Development Executive.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: