Registering with the police

If you are a Relevant Foreign National and you have been given leave to enter/remain in the UK for more than six months, you may need to register with the police within seven days of your arrival in the UK. It will be stated on your Visa if this is a requirement for you.

A Relevant Foreign National is someone who is at least 16 years old and is:

If you need to register, you should make an appointment with the police force in the area you are living. If you are living in Derby you can call Overseas Visitors’ Registration at Derbyshire Constabulary: T: 0300 122 8566

When you go to your appointment you will need to take these documents with you:

You must let the police know within seven days if:

If you don't register, it's a criminal offence and you may be prosecuted.