BA (Hons) Law with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Interested in studying law at university but feel that you’re not quite ready to join an honours degree directly? Featuring a foundation year to build your skills and confidence, the BA (Hons) Law offers you the chance to realise your ambitions and potential.
- Take the foundation year as part of a four-year study programme for a vital introduction to the law and an opportunity to develop your academic study skills
- Continue with the BA (Hons) Law programme after your foundation year or transfer to our LLB (Hons)* if you have the capacity to complete a qualifying law degree: your first step towards becoming a solicitor or barrister
- Develop key skills in areas like drafting, advocacy, interviewing and negotiation
- Broaden your commercial awareness through optional work placements and internships
- Make the most of exciting opportunities for judicial shadowing, professional mentoring and pro bono projects
- Learn from an experienced, dedicated teaching team with an international research profile
- Gain practical experience in some of the country’s most advanced facilities for the study of law, including a courtroom and interview suites
- Join a university with a national reputation for producing highly effective law graduates, equipped for careers in a wide range of legal and business settings
*Please note that the BA (Hons) Law is not a qualifying law degree and therefore does not exempt you from the academic stage of legal training should you want to become a solicitor or barrister. If you want to transfer to the LLB (Hons) after your foundation year, this will be subject to various conditions, detailed in the ‘entry requirements’ section of this page.Show All