(National Student Survey 2015)
LLB Students in work/study
Within 6 months of finishing
Derby Law School is a leading centre for the study of justice in the UK. Our courses will inspire, stretch and challenge you.
What we teach ensures you make an impact as soon as you graduate. Our LLB trains people in all of the key lawyer skills, such as drafting, advocacy, interviewing and negotiation, so you’ll be ready for a broader range of careers when you graduate. The way we teach is innovative and engaging, allowing you the opportunity to develop the skills and attributes you’ll need for a successful career in the legal sector or other professional career.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“Great resources at your fingertips”
“My main reason for choosing Derby was the emphasis that they placed on providing you with the necessary skills you need to succeed in the world of work – even work outside the legal profession. I found this offering unique.
“The course has certainly been challenging. However, there are great resources at your fingertips and great support from tutors. These things have helped make it thoroughly fulfilling and ultimately enjoyable.
“The course has helped me prepare for my future Law career in many ways. It has helped improve my communication, research and organisational skills in a way I could never have imagined before coming here.”
This is Law
- Build your practical experience in some of the country’s most advanced facilities for the study of law at One Friar Gate Square, the home of Derby Law School
- Our tutors will know your name: learn from an experienced and enthusiastic teaching team with an international profile, many of whom have practised as solicitors or barristers themselves
- We have established a reputation for producing highly effective law graduates who excel in all areas of the legal profession and other graduate careers
- You will have lots of opportunities to find out who you want to be, whether that’s through work placements and real casework or developing skills such as research and public speaking.
What our Law graduates do
Our law degrees are cutting-edge, relevant and designed to give you the best start in your career.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Crown Prosecution Service
- law centres
- police service
- local and national government
- private practice.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: