BA (Hons) Magazine Journalism with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
From lifestyle titles to business journals, print to digital publications, there are wide-ranging career opportunities for aspiring magazine journalists with the skills and drive to succeed. This course will help you break into what is a highly competitive but thoroughly rewarding profession.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage
- Choose a university with an excellent reputation for developing the media professionals of the future: we were ranked in the top ten for journalism in the Guardian university league table for 2017
- Gain an excellent grounding in researching and producing magazine content across multiple platforms
- Get to grips with the latest digital technologies which are transforming the profession
- Specialise in covering a subject you’re passionate about – it could be anything from travel to food, motoring to music
- Gain invaluable experience through work placements, employer-led projects and opportunities to study abroad
- Be inspired by our team of highly experienced tutors with strong media backgrounds and extensive contacts
- Learn in our exceptional facilities which include TV and radio studios plus a fully equipped newsroom