BA (Hons) Journalism with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
We teach the next generation of talented journalists. This degree gives you all the skills you need to go behind the headlines and build a career as a journalist in the age of the internet.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage
- Study a course that's ranked 10th in the UK Guardian University League Tables 2017
- Gain substantial practical experience of researching and producing powerful print, audio, video and online stories
- Get to grips with the latest techniques and technologies which are transforming journalism in an era of digital news
- Enjoy work placements with media organisations in the UK or overseas
- Hone your skills in our outstanding facilities which include TV and radio studios as well as a fully equipped newsroom
- Take the chance to specialise in a journalistic genre of your choice – from film to fashion, sport to crime, science to politics
- Prepare for a rewarding career in journalism, online or broadcast media production, PR, advertising, corporate communications, law, public administration or politics
- Spend time studying abroad in America or Europe.