Purchasing IT equipment
IT Services provides a purchasing service for IT, AV and telecommunications equipment for all members of staff at the University. Most purchases made are installed and supported by our Field Support and Help Desk Teams.
The service works in accordance with the University Purchasing Policies and Regulations and unless IT Services has granted authorisation to purchase directly from a supplier, all departments and colleges are bound to purchase through IT.
IT Services will ensure best value for money on IT related procurement and ensure that all purchases are compatible, secure and supportable. We will be able to advise you on appropriate hardware for use within the University environment. Please keep in mind that there may be implications for individuals who wish to use bespoke solutions. All quotes and purchase requests made, are subject to faculty/department approval.
Items that may be purchased:
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Apple Mac computers
- Mobile devices (iPads/tablets)
- Phones and communications equipment
- Miscellaneous (ie USB memory sticks, audio headsets).
How do I place an order?
- Simply contact the Service Centre with full details of the equipment you would like purchased. Either call (01332) 59 1234 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Purchasing Team will then send a quote out to you
- Ensure you have permission from your budget holder to purchase the equipment
- All requisitions are made online in PeopleSoft and the budget holder will need to authorise this requisition
- No order will be placed without receipt of a completed requisition.
IT Services Contact
T: 01332 59 1234 (24/7)