Freedom of Information Requests
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 promotes openness and transparency. The Act came into force on 1 July 2005. Under the act, you have a general right of access to all types of information held by us. The act also places a number of obligations on public authorities, including this University.
Things you can do:
- Browse our website for the information you are interested in
- View our publication scheme for the information you are interested in
- Make a freedom of information request, in writing, for information that you have not found available on this website or in our publication scheme
- Ask for an internal review if you are not happy with the outcome of a request and if still not happy after a review you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
- Ask us for advice by contacting the FOI team on 01332 592151
Our main obligations
We have two main responsibilities under the act:
- To produce a 'Publication Scheme' (a guide to the information held by the University which is publicly available to anyone)
- Dealing with individual requests for information
Additional information and guidance
Guidance can be found by downloading our Freedom of Information Policy or visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website. If you have any specific questions relating to this legislation, or how to access information please contact our FOI team.
Contact email@example.com or call (01332) 592151.
IT Services Contact
T: 01332 59 1234 (24/7)