Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. We do not pass on your details to any third party or government department unless you give us permission to do so or the law requires/permits it.
As a data controller we have to notify the Information Commissioner of the types of personal information we process and for what purpose we use it for and whom we share it with. The Information Commissioner's Office is the UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
You can see what is recorded on our Data Protection Notification entry if you search for the University of Derby on the Information Commissioners Website notification number Z859984X.
We use and share your personal information in order to identify, plan, deliver and monitor services that we provide to you. We respect everyone's right to privacy and we are fully committed to the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to the following:
- To ask if we hold personal information about you
- To ask what we use the information for
- To be given a copy of the information
- To be given details about the purposes for which we use the information and of other organisations or persons to whom it is disclosed
- To ask for incorrect data to be corrected
- To ask us not to use personal information about you for direct marketing
Contact email@example.com or call (01332) 592151
IT Services Contact
T: 01332 59 1234 (24/7)