Meeting new people and making friends
The Buddy Scheme aims to support international students settle into their new life abroad, make friends and learn about the British culture. It runs from late August until the end of the first semester, and aims to benefit both the incoming student and the buddy.
- To provide all incoming students who want a buddy with someone to support them.
- To have a team of trained volunteers to help new international students to settle, in their first semester.
- Volunteers should be able to answer questions that the students may have about living and studying in Derby.
- The students should be made to feel welcome, and know there is someone there to help if they are feeling homesick.
- Provide current students with the opportunity to gain voluntary experience, and build valuable skills essential for employment.
To request a Buddy, click on the appropriate link below and then complete the online form.
To find out more information contact the ISC by either email on email@example.com or by phone on 01332 591616.
If you are studying in Buxton, please express your interest to Denise Chandler in the International Student Centre DO/104 or you can contact Denise either by email on D.Chandler@derby.ac.uk or by phone on 01298 330487