Questions about your visa during your studies
Listed below are the conditions attached to your Tier 4 visa. You must follow these conditions as failure to do so could lead to withdrawal from the course and the cancellation of your visa.
- Enrol/register for your course on time each semester. This includes September starters registering in January. You must bring your current passport and visa to the International Student Centre (ISC) each time you enrol/register.
- Give the ISC up to date copies of your passport and visa when necessary.
- Attend classes and contact your tutors if you are going to be absent (i.e. sickness). Your attendance records will be closely monitored by the ISC and your Faculty.
- Follow the University’s rules and regulations.
- Contact us immediately if you change your immigration status. For example, you switch from a Tier 4 visa to a Dependant visa.
- Contact us if you defer/withdraw from your studies.
- Make sure that we have your most up to date contact details (address, telephone number, e-mail address). We will need to contact you on a regular basis with important information.
- Update the UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) with your most recent contact details.
- Ensure that any visa extension application is made promptly and before your current visa expires. You may be withdrawn from your course if you do not make an in-time visa application or if your visa is refused.
Working whilst studying
Your visa will state how many hours you can work each week. If you hold a Student Visitor Visa you cannot work at all.
As a student at the University you can work whilst on a Tier 4 visa, but there are restrictions on the number of hours you are allowed to work each week:
- If you are studying at degree level or above you can work up to 20 hours each week.
- If you are studying below degree level (e.g. the International Foundation Programme or English for Academic Purposes) you can work up to 10 hours each week.
All Tier 4 students can work full time during the University's official holidays. If you will undertake a work placement as an assessed part of your course, you can work full time hours on the placement as required.
If you have any queries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.