US Federal Loan - Course fees - University of Derby

US Federal Loan

The University of Derby is authorised as a Foreign School to provide William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan aid via the United States Department of Education.

Our Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE) number is: OPE03728300

We are able to authorise loans for students with US nationality enrolled in programmes which are:

  • Degree certificated and
  • Delivered and received within the UK and
  • At least 50% of a full-time degree

We are also able to authorise loans for U.S. Doctoral students who are:

Conducting independent research within the United States during their dissertation period for no more than one academic year and where the research can only be conducted in the United States and under the guidance of their Derby academic School

We are unable to authorise loans for students enrolled in:

  • Certificate programmes
  • Diploma programmes
  • Distance learning programmes (in whole or in part)
  • Telecommunications or correspondence courses (in whole or in part)
  • Direct assessment programmes
  • Study abroad or student exchange agreements
  • Nursing Programmes

As a foreign school the University of Derby is unable to disburse:

  • Federal College Work Study
  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Perkins Loan
  • Federal Supplementary Opportunity Grant
  • State Grant

Do you have a question?


T: +44 (0)1332 591698

We Are International